Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A new outlook

I kow it has been a long time since I posted anything, and even longer since I've worked on a project.  I will address that soon, but while reading a blog this morning I read something that caused me to think.

Paul Sellers posted about a walk in the woods to get sanity back,
"Don’t forget; take a walk in the woods and rest from your own work for a while. Find sanity and peace and then go back to your second job changed. I wrote a post some time back telling people to see there day job as their part time job and their evening woodworking as their true vocational calling. Puts life into perspective."
 I like this idea of thinking of your day job as a part time job, and what you enjoy doing as your "true vocation."  Being a dad and husband has to come before I can spend more time on my true vocations.

2 comments:

  1. Chuck,

    Agreed. I always considered my family as my number one job, and engineering as a means to provide for my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, your uncle Joe made the above comment.

      Delete