Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Marking Gauge in progress

While sorting through the free wood I picked up last week I had the idea to make marking gauge and set a few pieces of walnut aside for it.   I cut out the marking gauge with the band saw and then planed the faces smooth.
 I used a drill and cleared most the waste before chiseling out the mortise for the beam to go through.
 It needs a little fine tuning on the fit. I am going to have to make sure that the beam is square with both faces.
I plan on using a xacto knife blade instead of the marking pin a lot of older marking gauges use.

No comments:

Post a Comment