Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pallets and a gift

I am going to try and build a cabinet for the back porch to hold my cast iron cookware and other grill related goodies.  I am going to try and used as much recycled/reclaimed lumber as possible.  Which means pallets need to be broken down to "harvest" lumber from them. I got one pallet taken a part and after cracking half the boards and wasting a lot of time I have decided to cut apart the rest of the pallets and not try to pull them apart.

I also spent a little time working on a birthday present for a friend. I had a chunk of hickory I milled out of a piece of firewood. My friend's kitchen is built from hickory so I decided to make a wine bottle holder.  It's a simple project.  I still need to sand it a little more and then apply some finish, but here is how it looks now.


No comments:

Post a Comment