Monday, September 14, 2015

Making Memories While Making Pens

Since I started making pens and pencils I've given a lot of them as gifts. Recently I gave my nephew a pen for his birthday.
Zane's Pen
He loved it but asked if I could make him pencil, I suggested that next time he was up that we could make it together.  His older sister liked that idea also, she even picked out the blank she wanted to use.

I got the blanks ready and next time they were up we made the pen and pencil. I had each of them start out by practice turning a piece of scrap before turning the actual project.
Trinity ready to turn




Zane concentrating on the work at hand


Zane's Cherry mechanical pencil

Trinity's confetti pen
It was a lot of fun to work in the shop with the kids. They both seemed very proud of what we made together.

2 comments: